Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pagan Medicine

We all get sick, and we know it sucks! I'm sick right now and I have a few thoughts that have been trickling through my head my options for treating it.  Like many other pagans, my  options  lean me toward homeopathic remedies as well maybe some chakra healing. The thought of taking some medicine front he drug store with ingredients you don't know doesn't exactly appealing and I am certainly sympathetic to them, I see a problem with this mentality.

I personally take the stuff over the counter AND the natural alternatives on top as long as it won't respond adversely. I fear that those who avoid modern medicine are needlessly suffering. If we as pagans step back and only use natural methods of healing then we will be stepping back into a world of more sickness than before when survival rate and life span weren't nearly as high.

We should be so thankful that we have modern medicine that can fight the common cold and the flu when so many die every year without that medicine that some of us now take for granted.

So the point is, while it is nice to use more natural alternatives don't neglect modern medicine when you need it.

LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment